Since the late 1900’s, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) has been used to penetrate neurons and regulate brain functions. Studies have shown that certain mental health conditions have improved with repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, also known as rTMS. The FDA cleared the use of rTMS for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in 2008. TMS has also been used off-label to treat several neurological disorders including PSTD, Anxiety, Substance Abuse and Autism.
Magnetic e-Resonance Therapy (MeRT) is a patented, personalized rTMS protocol developed by Wave Neuroscience and The Brain Treatment Center (BTC) https://braintreatmentcenter.com/. MeRT’s treatment success rates are as high as 80%, with most patients experiencing immediate benefits (better sleep, improve mood, increased energy) after the first session.
The 6 Steps to Freedom from Depression, Anxiety & PTSD
- Clinical Intake: Complete forms and assessments to determine if you are a candidate for MeRT therapy. Then meet with the doctor to obtain approval for MeRT therapy.
- Baseline EEG/ Analysis: Once approved, a quantitative electroencephalogram (q EEG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG) is recorded to establish baseline measurements and to determine the patient specific treatment parameters. Typically, therapy can start 48 hours after the baseline EEG is recorded.
- MeRT Treatment: A full program is 20 treatments, 3 EEGs and clinician visits over 4-6 weeks. In terms of what to expect during a MIND ALGN MeRT Session:
- Sessions last about 35 minutes, and you can resume normal activity immediate after.
- A MIND ALGN Technician will position a magnetic coil on your head to deliver your individualized, targeted treatment protocol.
- Most people find the MIND ALGN MeRT sessions relaxing.
- The actual stimulation feels like a light tapping – it’s pain-free & non-invasive.
- Validate: EEGs are performed at the middle and end of treatment and compared to the original baseline EEG to ensure the patient always receives the most effective treatment parameters.
- Maintenance: EEGs are performed in the middle and end of treatment program and compared to the original baseline EEG to ensure the patient is always receiving the most effective treatment.
- Live Positively: Living positively with a holistic approach to brain health is important for achieving maximum benefit from MeRT. Activities and habits like a healthy diet, regular exercise, meditation, yoga, social connection (while adhering to relevant social distancing policies) are key to obtaining effective results. It is also important to get unobstructed morning sunlight (no sunglasses, contacts or windows) from 7-11am and get enough rest.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255